Monday, December 16, 2013

Get The Look Episode 1

Hello ALM lovelies!
 
Most of you know that I am a big fan of gloProfessional and their products.  I use their products daily and LOVE them!!

I have enjoyed putting together my Get The Look board on Pinterest and wanted to share them with you in a blog.  I have decided that, as a New Year's resolution, I will create a blog post quarterly (or more) of Get The Look pictures (hence the title of this post).  I will pick my favorite looks each month and put them on here, as well as on Pinterest.

Autumn Harvest Get The Look:
This gorgeous picture happened "by accident" if you will.  I had done Esther's makeup for a competition but only had a minute to capture a picture.  Lucky for me my friend Mike Banno of Michael's Photography & Imaging stopped by the salon just as she was leaving and captured this shot!  How lucky were we that he showed up when he did!!  It's been a couple years since this picture was taken but it is still one of my absolute favorites!
Products used:  Eye Shadows in Sand Pebble, Harvest and Mink.  Eye Pencil in Deep Olive.  Brow Pencil in AuburnLash Boosting Mascara.  Blush in Sheer Petal (one of my favorite universal colors!).  Sheer Lipstick in Bora Bora.

Day to Night Get The Look (I don't have a name for this one.  Any ideas?):
I don't completely remember how I came upon this color combination but isn't gorgeous??  When I described it to my mom she gave me the weirdest look.  I had to show her the picture to get her approval!  LOL  I am lucky to have a beautiful friend like Katie that lets me try crazy combinations and take pictures.  We wondered around downtown Grand Rapids "working" but it really was an excuse to play and check out that years ArtPrize.  We did capture some really beautiful pictures that you can see on my Facebook page.
Products used:  Eye Shadows in Blue Suede and Mink.  Eye Pencil in Black.  Brow Pencil in BrunetteWater Resistant MascaraSheer Tint Illuminator.  Blush in Spice Berry (my current go to blush color!).  Lip Gloss in Plum Glaze and Liquid Lips in Black Cherry (LOVE this color!!).  To create the day look mix a little Black Cherry with Plum Glaze.  To transfer this look to night, use Black Cherry alone!

Copper Rose Get The Look:
I created this look for one my students.  Homecoming is always a glamorous version of everyday.  I was excited to try some rosy tones on Alysa.  We typically do browns so it was a nice change!  I was also excited to use glominerals new Luxe foundation!  Talk about awesome in a bottle!  I am not typically a fan of liquid foundation (I have oily skin and feel that liquids make me oilier) but this is fabulous.  It gives a full coverage without feeling like you have any makeup on.  A friend of mine said it felt like airbrush foundation and I couldn't agree more.  Seriously amazing stuff!
Products used:  Luxe Liquid Foundation.  Blush in Rosebud.  Eye Shadows in Copper Sheen and Orchid.  To create the eye look use the mid tone shade of the trio on the lid, layer Orchid on top of mid tone shade, place the darkest shade of the trio in the crease and the lightest shade on the brow bone/brow arch.  Eye Pencil in Bejeweled BronzeLash Boosting Mascara.  Brow Gel in Clear.  Lip Pencil in Ambrosia Rose.  Lip Duo in Pink.

How gorgeous are these looks?!?!  If you like a complete look or even just part of one I want to offer you a special.  Purchase any partial look (eyes, lips, etc) and I'll give you 15% off.  Purchase a complete look and I'll give you 25% off!  This special will expire when Episode 2 comes out so catch the discount while you can!!

Stay fabulous!

:0)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment