Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Work On A Film Set? Count Me In!!



August brought about some very amazing adventures!  I worked on the set of the short film Lucid and began working on Cooking With Dustie's Bites.

Lucid was a fun adventure that had me tapping into my younger days of pulling all nighters.  I’m not sure how I managed to work 10-12 hrs overnight for 4 nights and be functioning enough to be a mom.  I was a walking zombie for a week.  I was, however, lucky enough to have my parents help me out!  I’ve been asked if I would do it again and my answer is always ABSOLUTELY!!  I absolutely loved being on a film set!  Words can’t describe the excitement (and intense pressure) to recreate someone’s vision.  I was able to work closely with the writer and bring his vision to life.  I have been actively looking for more work in film.  I can’t thank Colin (and Cote) for giving me the chance!

Alicia Humphrey played "Lilith" the main character.  Wow is all I can say about her!  She is talented, beautiful, kind, hilarious (she gets all sorts of slap happy at 4 am LOL!) and just awesome!  Shortly after the filming of Lucid she moved out to LA to continue to pursue her dream.  I can't wait to see her on TV and the big screen.  I can't wait to work with her again!!!!!
Working on Tahachi Hardrick who played "Keith."  Tahachi picked up this role the day before filming began because of recasting needs.  Most people would be nervous about this but he took this role and ran with it!  It was great to work with him (I got to play his drunk girlfriend.  Acting debut baby!!).  Despite his large stature he is the biggest teddy bear and has a great sense of humor (and gorgeous skin!).  Keep an eye out for this guy!
A couple more stills from the film



August also brought me to Chef Dustin Morrell and his cooking show, Cooking with Dustie’s Bites.  Dustin was working on creating a local cooking show with national network dreams.  I started the day he was to shoot his pilot.  There was an instant connection and within weeks I became a part of the Dustie’s Bites family.  I became more than “just the Makeup Artist” as he put it.  My role has quickly developed into the Set Decorator, Wardrobe Consultant and Photo Shoot Developer and Scout.  I have the chance to utilize all my talents and connect with some really great people (We have a great shoot planned with The Mitten State and other local GR favs).  I can’t wait to begin Season 2 and help Dustin develop this dream even further!  He has a passion that will take him and the show far!
Meet Chef Dustin Morrell and Lucy

My first day working with Dustin :)

Seriously so excited for Season 2!!!

Stay fabulous my loves!!

:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment